~Makeup Brush Collection~

I got a few questions about the brushes in my last blog, so I thought I'd do a blog post showing you what brushes I love and frequently grab.  The brush holder is from Sephora, and I picked it up in LA when the zipper on my last brush holder broke.  It's a little bulky and there's not a lot of room for the brushes to be stacked.




Starting from left to right:

Make Up For Ever 158 Double-Ended Sculpting Brush, $53, Sephora
I use this brush with my bronzer to sculpt and blend.  I like that it's multi-purpose and the hairs are very         soft.
Rae Morris Brush 23: Liquid Foundation, $70, Raemorris.com.  These brushes were a splurge for me, but I just love the application.  The bristles are very soft and the  application is flawless.  I have several other stippling brushes, but having this Rae Morris brush, I never think twice about grabbing for the others.
Sephora Pro Allover Shadow Brush #12, $20.  I use this brush to apply my eye primer; and for concealer as well if I'm in a hurry and don't want to be too precise with the application.  It's fluffy but compact enough to give pretty good coverage.  It's like a mini foundation brush.  
MAC Concealer Brush.  I couldn't find this brush online, but I use it sometimes to apply my concealer. It's like a mini, flat stippling brush.
MAC 217 Blending Brush, $24.  This is a cult favorite, and my favorite eye shadow brush.  It's small enough to apply shadow to the lids, but soft enough to also use in the crease.  When I'm in a hurry this is my go to brush for both a quick lid and crease application.
Sephora Pro Shadow Brush #14, $20.  This is a great shadow brush. It's my favorite to use on the lids.
Sephora Pro Crease Brush #10, $22.  I use this to apply shadow all over my eye, as a blending brush or both.  It's soft and blends well.
MAC 193 Angled Foundation Brush, $34.  I think this brush is too small to be considered a foundation brush.  So I use it for my "must need lots of concealer" days.
Rae Morris Fan Brush 25, $20, Raemorris.com  I use this for highlighting my cheeks, down the middle of my nose, above my lips, etc.
Bobbi Brown Sheer Powder Brush, $42.  I use this mainly as a powder brush if I want a little more coverage than my Rae Morris brush. It blends well, it's soft and I've had this for a few years.  Bobbi Brown makes very durable brushes.
Rae Morris Face Brush 22, $90, Raemorris.com This is the softest brush I've ever used, even compared to Shu Uemera which I thought were the softest.  It is pricey, so if you don't want to spend the money, a good alternative is the Bobbi Brown powder brush, $62, or the Real Techniques brushes are great brushes as well and super affordable (@ Ulta).
MAC 188 Small Duo Fibre Face Brush, $35.  I use this brush to apply cream blushes and bronzers.  It's compact and hits the cheeks perfectly.
MAC Mini Shader Brush, $20.  I don't use this brush often, but when I do, I use it to create a more defined eye, and/or a darker lid.
MAC Pointed Eye Shader.  I also couldn't find this brush online, but I use it to create a smoky eye.
Tarte Double-Ended Camouflage tool, $35, Sephora.  I use this brush to place and set my concealer.  The spongy pointed applicator applies concealer in areas where a bigger brush just isn't as functional; sides of nose, around mouth, smaller areas.  I use the bristle side to pat concealer down wherever more coverage is needed.

Bottom Row:

Real techniques, Shading Brush, $5.99, Ulta.  I also use this as a concealer brush and it is my favorite at the moment. It's soft and it blends well.
Sephora Pro Brow Brush #20, $15. I use this brush to apply my gel liner. It's thin, precise, and a little flimsly which makes it great for gel liner.  I have another brush that I use for my brows which is the Bobbi Brown eyebrow brush, my favorite for brows.
Mint Brush 12 Concealer, $14, mintbrushes.com  I purchased these mint brushes after watching one of my favorite youtube makeup artists (MakeupbyEman) use these brushes (her own line). They are soft, functional and affordable.
Mint Brush 16 Contour, $18 I use this right now as my blush brush, but this line has recently released the powder and blush brushes which I will be purchasing.
Bobbi Brown Eye Blender Brush, $33.  I use this brush solely to set my concealer with powder.  It's soft and doesn't drag in my eye area.  I love it and have been using the same brush for many years.

I realized while writing this blog that I have a real problem collecting concealer brushes.  However, if I had to pick my favorites out of this collection it would have to be the Real Techniques, the Mint and the Sephora Pro brush. Sorry I can't just pick one.  Hope you enjoyed this blog!  Let me know in the comment section what your favorite brushes are.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About me

Hi my name is Roberta, and I am a beauty, makeup, fashion and fitness fanatic! I enjoy wearing makeup, trying new products and doing product reviews. I've taken a little time off from Fitness competitions, to focus on my family, but I still enjoy giving advice and working with people, and will get back into competing in the near future. So stay tuned. If you have any questions, please ask:)
*I also have a YouTube channel, cyberta888.

Pinterest.com/Cybertabeauty
Twitter.com/Cybertabeauty

Thank you xoxo

Followers

Find me at

Follow Me on Pinterest