Winter Vacation: HOT BEACH!

We're all trying to stay warm for the holidays! With that said, a warm, sandy beach is just the cure. In the next couple of weeks my family and I are headed to Cabo San Lucas! The weather there is perfect, palms springish! The only thing is, I have pale skin! The locals and even tourists there look like they tan year round. I don't really care for tanning beds anymore...
Since my mom had a mild case of skin cancer and is never in the sun, put quite the scare in me. I have tanned in beds and did so profusely in my nieve teens.
I will opt for a Mystic Tan. If you've never tried one, you must sometime. They're great to get especially before an event, such as the Holidays or for a vacation. It can be tricky though if this is your first time.
*So I'm going to give you some tips to make your first Mystic Tan experience a great one!

1. The location is key, and I usually go first thing in the morning...Not too many people and you have more time to dry during the day...However, if you don't want people to see you change colors during the day...Go after work or early afternoon as it does take 4 to 6 hours to dry completely.
**My favorite is Solarius (near San Mateo & I-40) Beautiful salon and the staff is excellent.
p.s. they also have killer designer sunglasses...ie., Versace, Dior, Prada, Burberry, and Oliver Peoples to name a few.

2. Scrub your body with an exfoliant before you step into the shower, concentrating on the driest parts(elbows, knees, feet)...Bliss makes great products...but do not use scrubs with mineral oil; mineral oil will leave a film on your skin preventing the Mystic Tan from setting.

3. Next moisturize with a body lotion that again does not contain Mineral oil...

4. Wear loose clothing...this will prevent the Mystic Tan from smearing, allowing it to dry evenly.

5. I have fair skin, but with golden undertones, so I ask for the medium tan. This will get you nice and bronze without looking jaundice.

6. In the dressing room, take all your clothes off. Put on shower cap (take a rubber band to pull back your hair).

7. Next use the lotion provided in the room...You will generously apply this to areas that are the driest...Elbows, Knees, Feet (ankles, in between toes, on and under the nails, on the bottom of feet); Hands...same as feet; collar bone; under arm pits; between arm pit and breast; under breast; in belly button; and believe it or not, in between your butt cheeks...I've experimented many times with Mystic Tan...let me save you the agony of having streak marks in these places!
***I also ask for goggles with straps...I don't like the solution in or around my eyes.

8. Last but not least...Dry off with towel provided. Gently dry, not rub, your skin evenly. Use the wet towel to wipe off bottom of hands and feet...and also in between the fingers and toes.

You'll feel sticky for awhile, but you'll be beautifully tanned for whatever occasion!

P.s. If you have any questions about this process...Leave me a post!

Have a great weekend...


Cyberta

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About me

Hi my name is Roberta, and I am a beauty, makeup, fashion and fitness fanatic! I enjoy wearing makeup, trying new products and doing product reviews. I've taken a little time off from Fitness competitions, to focus on my family, but I still enjoy giving advice and working with people, and will get back into competing in the near future. So stay tuned. If you have any questions, please ask:)
*I also have a YouTube channel, cyberta888.

Pinterest.com/Cybertabeauty
Twitter.com/Cybertabeauty

Thank you xoxo

Followers

Find me at

Follow Me on Pinterest