Is your foundation aging you?




I don't know about you, but I HATE looking older.  I don't mind getting older; there's a certain finesse one achieves with age, but the sun spots, lines, and marionnette lines...no thank you!  So I've been feeling a little under the weather lately.  I wasn't sure if it was the change of seasons or what, but now I realized... it was my foundation that was making me look and feel bad.  Yes, my foundation, I know I'm shallow.  Nonetheless, my skin was just lookin' kinda old and masky.  The foundation culprit: Laura Mercier's Cream Foundation.  I know I know, I'm a beauty sinner for even saying that out loud, but it's true. So I decided to switch back to what I was using sparingly in the summer, which was the Makeup Forever Face and Body foundation.  What a difference it made, my gosh!  Don't get me wrong, LM's Cream Foundation is AWESOME if you like and need/want more coverage.  I just realized after 30-some odd years of trying to conceal every flaw, I didn't want or need it anymore.  I like seeing my skin; I like to glow a little; but with the heavy foundation on I wasn't glowing at all.  It completely matted out my face and I was overcompensating by slathering on blush and hi-light.  Not the way to go if you are in your 30's.  I was basically just hi-lighting everything I wanted to cover.  So there you have it, my beauty revelation rant.  I love both products, but I realized what I love and what I need are two different things.  So if you feel like you're in the same boat, try something new or go back to something old. Switch it up, Have Fun! 



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About me

Hi my name is Roberta, and I am a beauty, makeup, fashion and fitness fanatic! I enjoy wearing makeup, trying new products and doing product reviews. I've taken a little time off from Fitness competitions, to focus on my family, but I still enjoy giving advice and working with people, and will get back into competing in the near future. So stay tuned. If you have any questions, please ask:)
*I also have a YouTube channel, cyberta888.

Pinterest.com/Cybertabeauty
Twitter.com/Cybertabeauty

Thank you xoxo

Followers

Find me at

Follow Me on Pinterest