Hair Color Secrets!



"Most women think that drastically changing their hair color, either going much lighter or darker, will make them appear younger, fresher, and renewed," says Louis Licari owner of hair salons in NY and Beverly Hills. "But it doesn't." However, the "right" hair color can take off years.


Young looking hair is seen as vibrant with a lot of color variations that change in the light. As we age, our hair loses its richness and becomes blah! So the key is to focus on "shine," not color. Use a clear glaze for a glossy effect, or a colored one to conceal grays. If you're a dark brunette, stay with rich tones. If you're a warm blonde, keep to golden hues. Playing with a completely different color, your hair will fight it until it completely oxidizes the color turning it a brassy orange(that will make you look well over 200 years old overnight)! So focus on shine, only go a shade or two lighter than your natural, and never go black. That's the worse color for women, (look at this pic of fergie, black hair makes her look old and very blah!) So unless you don't mind looking like Mortitia Adams, stay within the boundaries. *Golden Rule: If you have to put on more makeup to make your new color work, you've picked the wrong shade.

Photobucket

 

1 comments:

Natural Hair Conditioners said...

Hi I am Cory Thiarello writing for FaceDoctor. I would like to share some tips to achieve beautiful shining hair and about herbal hair conditioners...Please do have a look on it!

September 1, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Post a Comment

About me

Hi my name is Roberta, and I am a beauty, makeup, fashion and fitness fanatic! I enjoy wearing makeup, trying new products and doing product reviews. I've taken a little time off from Fitness competitions, to focus on my family, but I still enjoy giving advice and working with people, and will get back into competing in the near future. So stay tuned. If you have any questions, please ask:)
*I also have a YouTube channel, cyberta888.

Pinterest.com/Cybertabeauty
Twitter.com/Cybertabeauty

Thank you xoxo

Followers

Find me at

Follow Me on Pinterest